View Thread
Gongumenn | General | General Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
fjallsbak
Logo til Elysium

Familiar

Group: Klikan
Posted on 21-12-2006 14:23
Hey tit. Okkara spælifelag sundur stovnan skal hava eitt logo/búmerki.

Teir sum duga sovorið kunnu leggja uppskot her.

Boddin
RE: Logo til Elysium

Regular

Posted on 21-12-2006 14:46
Elysium as in V:tm elysium or something else.

Jogvanth

General

Posted on 22-12-2006 12:35
Elysium, as in our RPG, Boardgaming, Warhammer, cardgaming and other similar gaming union.

Or see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium

Edited by Jogvanth on 22-12-2006 12:36
www.gongumenn.com Send Private Message
Roffen

Veteran

Group: Regulars
Posted on 24-12-2006 17:02
It's pretty hard to draw a logo for something that you really do not know much about...

What kind of games do you plan to run, what kind of people do you want to attract. Is the logo to be used as part of the name or should it mainly be used as stand-alone.
How about colors, do you want it in one color only, or as a multitude of colors.

If you can sketch down a few guidelines, I'll be happy to make an attempt to create a good logo smiley (I will probably anyways smiley)

By guidelines, I'm not referring to a 2x2cm size or 4 straight lines overriding a star or anything. I'm more thinking of what you want to club or gaming union to symbolize to other people.

Grizlas

General

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 24-12-2006 17:54
I agree with Roffen that it is extremely difficult to make a logo without some proper information. You need to have some sort of blueprint to work from when making such logos, because you dont want to end up with some shitty logo that you end up discarding after a few years when you realize that it isnt appropriate.

One needs to take a minute to think things through and ask questions like: who are our members? what will they appreciate? what will people think that do not know anything about the club?

All these things have to be considered.

I have made logo that you should check out. Its in the early stages, but you can already see how I manage to work with these concepts.

see my logo here

You want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?

Jogvanth

General

Posted on 24-12-2006 18:07
I have taken the liberty of making a picture folder in our photo section of the current suggestions. All made by Yutani.

The object of Elysium is (in our by-laws yet to be approved):

Endamálið við felagnum er: at samla brettspæl-, rolluspæl- og serkortspælsáhugaði í­ einum felagi fyri at røkja felags áhugamál, at arbeiða fyri samskipan kring landið, at skipa fyri felagstiltøkum og kappingum.

Sorry, don't have it in english, and no time to translate it. (Hey, it's Christmas!)

It's to be a "non-profit, self-owned" gamers club, if you will.

Edited by Jogvanth on 24-12-2006 18:09
Yutani

Regular

Posted on 25-12-2006 06:07
jogvanth suggested the idea of an "E" stamped into melted Vax. Like in olden letters of importance.

I've tried to visualize it as best I can using Photoshop. If you guys like the idea I can give it some more work. Things like the font are no problem to change.

pokertutor@gmail.com johan_the_big http://yutani222.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
Norlander

Field Marshal

Posted on 25-12-2006 11:18
Try redoing that with a Gothic font E instead.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
- John Kenneth Galbraith

Roffen

Veteran

Posted on 25-12-2006 12:37
I didn't want to be very specific on my previous post, but I'll throw in a few pointer.

The logo may be all flashy and catchy, but you will have to think how it will be used as well. It looks great on the web, but I can imagine how that 'E' looks like, when you reduce it to 1x1 cm and make it B/W to fit on a paper of news-ad... it's going to look like crap, or worse. smiley

There is also a posibility to make two versions of the same logo, one flashy and shiny for use in full quality, and a similar that can be reduced to minis and B/W but is still very clear and distinguishable.

Just a few advices from a professional smiley

I'll make a proposition for you based on the info and your preferences with the 'E'
I only have Photoshop installed atm, so it will only be a draft and you should still feel free to critizise (sp?) it smiley
edit: on second thoughts, I'll draw one in hand and show it to you, Yutani.. that's the way I like to do them smiley

Btw, Yutani, looks good with the red stuff around it, I like the light playing with the colors smiley

Edited by Roffen on 25-12-2006 13:26
Yutani

Regular

Posted on 25-12-2006 14:33

Gothic font upgrade smiley

And by the way, if you've got a good idea, but lack photoshop experience, just describe it and I'll try my best to do it justice.

Edited by Yutani on 25-12-2006 14:36
pokertutor@gmail.com johan_the_big http://yutani222.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
Grizlas

General

Posted on 25-12-2006 17:10
Guess nobody has a sense of humor about this.

I think many of the logos that yutani has made are quite good, although I'd personally prefer something less elaborate. I'm guessing that this logo will be used on letters and other printed material and as such it would be more practical to stay on the simple side of things. Simple is also in many cases more memorable.

Grizlas

General

Posted on 25-12-2006 17:28
why did you choose the name Elysium?

Wikipedia tells me that it can have several meanings. If you chose elysium to signify a sanctuary, then maybe a sanctuary symbol of some kind could be encorporated into the logo.

Roffen

Veteran

Posted on 27-12-2006 01:44
Grizlas' words are wisdom, I'm afraid, you falling to the old trap, Yutani. You can do it flahsy and all... so you do it.

My advice is think basic and practical. The sanctuary-idea sounds excellent. Though your logo looks nice, I doubt, as Grizlas says, it will last forever as THE logo.

From the top of my head, dump the red-thingy, and tilt the E, maybe to symbolize a gazebo or something like that ? Of course, feel free to include something new as well... I think the tilted 'E' has been used before smiley

Edited by Roffen on 27-12-2006 01:48
Jogvanth

General

Posted on 27-12-2006 13:45
My thought behind the red background was to ad a "old-fashioned" element. The curved E, to ad a "gothic" element.

As most of the games I have played "represent" a time gone by, I thought it approproate to have a logo that was not "pop-smart", but had an oldfashioned nobility and class. Our idea for the "club", as far as I was awares, is that it is not going to be for computer-gamers or gamblers who seek profit, but a "safe-haven" for gamers, seeking accomodations for their games, and a place to meet others of shared interrest in gaming.

Boddin

Regular

Posted on 27-12-2006 15:16
eg haldi idein er fí­n, men E-ið er ov ógvusligt, kann man ikki prøva eitt gothic E sum ikke er so innvikla. tað tekur ov langa tí­ð at skilja at e-ið er eitt E við fyrsta eygakast. Bara mí­n meining við fyrsta inntryk.
tad eru dupult strikrnar í­ E í­ mittuni, also rygurin í­ E-num, sum eru ov nógv.

ebbi

Edited by Boddin on 27-12-2006 15:17
Jogvanth

General

Posted on 28-12-2006 10:10
Royn einaferð og ger ein ring (les: flata miðu á "seglinum"smiley og ger tað flatuna tann litin sum "E"-ið er nú. Ger so "E"-ð ljósari, og lat ein ytra "kant" vera, ið sama lí­kið sum flatan er nú. Um okkara "E" er ljósari enn bakkgrundin, skuldi tað verði lættari at lagt merki til enn nú.

Bert ein tanki.

Yutani

Regular

Posted on 28-12-2006 13:04
We should take a look at it together sometime jogvanth.

I'll try to come up with some more simple ideas, like this one:

Jogvanth

General

Posted on 28-12-2006 14:07
I still don't like the cresent moon, makes me think of muslims!

Boddin

Regular

Posted on 28-12-2006 14:11
hatta sær bara bí­tt út, eri einig við thomsen, lí­kist ov nógv muslimum

ebbi *bonk*

Edited by Boddin on 29-12-2006 07:07
Malanor

Outsider

Posted on 13-01-2007 11:20
no thats what we need ein bunka av fólkum sum halda at har inni sita ein bunki av muslim suicidal bomber gamers sum fara at spenna bumbur rundan um seg, og spreingja seg í­ luftina intil vit hava ein GM sum rular FO.
free publiciy wohooo

Edited by Malanor on 13-01-2007 11:49
picatju@msn.com Send Private Message
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Back to front page