View Thread
Gongumenn | General | General Discussion
Torellion
New UN resolution

Regular

Group: Klikan
Posted on 27-03-2009 10:25
http://politiken.dk/udland/article678467.ece

Have you heard of this? I just read about it, but have no idea how big it is or how it will be implemented.

Is anyone out there who knows the issue and can clarify?

Jogvanth
RE: New UN resolution

General

Posted on 27-03-2009 11:50
The muslim member countries of the UN have demanded this resolution, but several European countries have rejected it, and last I heard, it had been removed from the final resolution.

If this is true, then the UN Human Rights Council, and the UN in general for that matter, and any and all of its so called "resolutions" can go f*** themselves for all I care. Having read the resolution, it is apparent to me, that no one person, media or other may utter negativity about any specific religion or religious person, and is therefore in reality a complete lockdown of freedom of the press and freedom of speach in any country that is a member of the UN, and in reality in any country of the world in general, lest not the UN make some form of sanction or declaration against said nations.

The UN Watch also has its doubts and fears about this resolution and its implementation.

Especially beacuse the resolution only mentions Islam as a specific religion!!!!

No decision is so fine as to not bind us to its consequences.
No consequence is so unexpected as to absolve us of our decisions.
Not even death.
-R. Scott Bakker. 'The Prince of Nothing'

Edited by Jogvanth on 27-03-2009 12:03
www.gongumenn.com Send Private Message
Laluu

Veteran

Posted on 27-03-2009 15:33
I have read the stuff that Jógvanth posted. - It is seriously worrying.

However, I think one of the main issues would also be, that the ones who voted in favour of this resolution have absolutely no intentions on following its recommendations.
I think it will be used as yet another tool to attack anyone who critisises islam or decisions made by moslems.
I feel confident that the states who want to protect the religion of islam from such criticism or "defamation" have no intention of letting these statements on "anti-defamation" apply to other religions. Especially considering that some of those countries/regions have death-penalties for converting to another religion.

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
- H.P. Lovecraft

Jogvanth

General

Posted on 16-04-2009 11:59
It seems there has been a development in this issue.

According to recent news-articles, the most severe religious issues in the resolution have been removed.

No decision is so fine as to not bind us to its consequences.
No consequence is so unexpected as to absolve us of our decisions.
Not even death.
-R. Scott Bakker. 'The Prince of Nothing'

Edited by Jogvanth on 16-04-2009 12:00
www.gongumenn.com Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Back to front page