Gongumenn | General | General Discussion
Page 7 of 7 << < 4 5 6 7
OKJones
RE: Norlander's intermittent quiz

Commander

Group: Klikan
Posted on 17-05-2016 09:19
Vuzman wrote:
I think what happened to you is that one of your keys got stuck. I've seen this happen quite a few times, most typically with one of the ctrl, alt, shift keys, and pressing these keys keys several times will unstick whichever key was stuck. If one of them is stuck, Windows will seemingly act weird, because the mouse and arrow keys (and others) behavior is modulated depending on which of these keys are pressed, i.e. their behavior is different. Try selecting some icons on the desktop with one of these keys pressed, right-click, etc. The behavior is different, and also takes longer time, since additional code is loaded and run.

People report this is a windows bug, since it doesn't seem to appear on other platforms, and changing hardware makes no difference, but no definite confirmation.

Hmm.. don't seem to find this weird behaviour that you're talking about.

Pressing shift or ctrl and selecting icons is one of the most basic windows features, it's not weird behaviour. I guess you know this.

Holding down shift and right-clicking an executable file or shortcut to one, will bring you another menu, not weird behaviour.

Why would I want to end every post the same way?

Vuzman

Admiral

Group: Klikan, Outsiders, Administrator, Regulars
Posted on 17-05-2016 09:49
I meant that the behavior is weird if you're not actually pressing any of the keys yourself, but because one of the keys has become 'stuck'. Maybe you try to click a file on the desktop, but all of a sudden a lot of files become selected, etc.

When I kill her, I'll have her
Die white girls, die white girls

http://flickr.com/photos/heini/ Send Private Message
OKJones

Commander

Group: Klikan
Posted on 17-05-2016 10:09
Vuzman wrote:
I meant that the behavior is weird if you're not actually pressing any of the keys yourself, but because one of the keys has become 'stuck'. Maybe you try to click a file on the desktop, but all of a sudden a lot of files become selected, etc.

Aha!

Why would I want to end every post the same way?

Page 7 of 7 << < 4 5 6 7
Jump to Forum:
Back to front page